A world where humankind exists in equilibrium with other constituents of the biosphere.
To initiate measures that ensure access for everyone to basic amenities associated with contemporary living without affecting the environment and to nurture developmental forces that empower all to live with dignity.
GLOBAL SUSTECH INTERNATIONAL has been established with the intention of vigorously pursuing the agenda of sustainability. SUSTECH intends to establish real life examples of sustainable development. The initiatives will utilize open market mechanisms and entrepreneurial approaches leading to generation of rich experience, knowledge and results, thus pioneering the pathway towards sustainable development. The name SUSTECH has been derived by the union of the words “Sustainable” and “Technology”, clearly bringing out the focus of the organization. The company was founded by a group of like-minded individuals (for details, see list of Promoters). SUSTECH enjoys exemptions under 12A and 80G of the Income Tax Act. Sustech is a start-up NGO.
However, based on the collective experience of the founders and associates, it has capability of taking up work activity on the following lines:
1. Technology design, adaptation and promotion: Solar PV (lighting, irrigation pumps, small vehicles, etc.), mini/micro/pico-hydro, improved cook-stoves, pedal pumps, biomass briquetting, biomass gasification, low cost automation, etc.
2. Technology diffusion: taking technology from prototype stage to creation of marketable products and establishment of markets for new technologies including promotion, production planning, creation of manufacturing base / vendor development, supply chain establishment, quality management, creation of after sales service infrastructure.
3. Enhancing rural livelihoods by energizing them through renewable energy.
4. Village Energy Development planning and program implementation.
5. Decentralized Electrification planning and program implementation.
6. Development of Quality Management Systems for rural interventions.
7. Process improvement and cost reduction (such as in SMEs, cottage industry, livelihood interventions, etc.), improvement in customer satisfaction levels.
8. NGO networking and coordinated program implementation.
9. Studies: Evaluations: mid-term / end of project reviews, scoping studies, impact assessments, market assessments, etc. 10. Surveys: (energy profile of villages, user feedback, resource assessments, market assessments: renewable energy markets, biomass, markets for rural products such as tussar silk, handicrafts, improved cook-stoves, etc.).
11. Consultancy services: proposal development, project supervision, project management advice, environment safeguards, etc.
12. Training and capacity building.
13. Implementation of community programs (awareness creation, skill development, knowledge / experience sharing, exposure visits, community facilitation, etc.) on developmental themes such as clean water supply, sanitation, waste management, energy sustainability, education, health, etc.
14. Event organization and management: symposia, seminars, field visits, workshops, rural awareness camps, rural fairs / melas, etc.